It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring Behavior in the Process Configurations Tab

Doug Weissman (642) | asked Apr 10 '08, 8:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Question 1:
I know that I can configure the Behaviors in the Process Specification Tab, but I see it in the Process Configuration tab as well, but in the Process Configuration it's all grayed out in M6. Is this something to come in the future, or am I missing something.

I ask because it looks like it will be much easer to configure behaviors in the Process Configuration Tab than going directly into the XML.

Question 2:
It looks like behaviors are also tied to a role id. Does this mean that I can configure different behaviors for different roles.

2 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Apr 10 '08, 12:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, see the first item in Part 1 of the M6 New and Noteworthy doc: https://jazz.net/downloads/DownloadDocument.jsp?href=milestones/data/0.6M6/jazz-news-0.6M6.html

The 2nd screen shot there shows the operation behavior editor in action for Team Operations (a child of the Team Configuration > Behavior node).

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Apr 10 '08, 12:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Doug,

Yes, the intent is that the Process Configuration tab allows for easier, and more self-explanatory, editing of the process specification. In M6, you should be able to edit roles, permissions, and operation behavior. Note that configurable items in the tree appear in grey until they have been configured. If this isn't working for you, please open a work item against Process and include a screen shot.

Yes, different roles may be configured differently, for both permissions and operation behavior. This is true whether editing is done via the Process Configuration tab or by editing the XML directly in the Process Specification tab.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.