It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assign attributes to many requirements

Marco Sebastiani (61) | asked Nov 17 '10, 9:33 a.m.
I have several requirements (about 100) already created in RRC and I am looking for a simple way to add attributes to all of them.

I understand that attributes can be added by editing requirements one-by-one. My question is if there is a way to add attributes to groups of requirements in one single step.

Thanks

5 answers

permanent link
Anderson Silva (311911) | answered Nov 17 '10, 5:20 p.m.
I Requirements page, you can select many requirements, right-click and set new attribute values.

permanent link
Marco Sebastiani (61) | answered Nov 18 '10, 9:55 a.m.
I Requirements page, you can select many requirements, right-click and set new attribute values.

My problem is not about setting the value of an attribute, but rather adding the attribute to the requirement. I have no attribute attached to the requirements, so I first need to add the attribute (thus my question) and only after set the value (doing what you suggest).

Thanks
Marco

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 21 '10, 11:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

My problem is not about setting the value of an attribute, but rather adding the attribute to the requirement. I have no attribute attached to the requirements, so I first need to add the attribute (thus my question) and only after set the value (doing what you suggest).

Thanks
Marco

In RRC V2.x the ability to reuse the same attribute definitions by many requirement definitions is not available. In our next major version this ability has been added, and is available in the next beta release.

permanent link
Thomas Stephens (12656) | answered May 04 '11, 2:17 p.m.
What is the best way to copy attribute groups between projects?

Example: I have attribute group BR (Business Rule) with three attributes (Status, Owner, and Source, Status defaults to "Proposed")

Project A has this attribute group.

How do I get BR to Project B? (Without manually retyping everything)

The purpose is to standardize attributes groups in new projects/repositories. I have 15 attribute groups I want to copy to each new project.

I am using RRC 2.0.0.3, and will not upgrade to 3.x this year.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered May 05 '11, 7:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If project B hasn't been created yet, you can do the following in RRC V2 to get consistent attribute groups used across projects.

1. Create the artifact groups you want to share (along with any artifacts / artifact templates)
2. Save the project as a project archive, which creates a file you can save to your file system.
3. Upload the project archive into a new project

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.