It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Command line Jazz source control for z/OS?

Chris Donawa (111) | asked Nov 15 '10, 5:42 p.m.
We have an existing project using CVS. However, the CVS support is disappearing and it's replacement is RTC, using Jazz for the source control.

Our tools run primarily on z/OS (USS). NFS mounting file systems is slow, difficult and unreliable, so incorporating a laptop-centric replacement is not an option. Is there a command line implementation for the Jazz source control that runs in USS?

Original query

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 16 '10, 7:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

although I am not the z/OS expert, I think you are probably looking for something like the ISPF client which is introduced with RTC 3.0 this post talks about it as well. http://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2010/11/05/countdown-to-the-next-rational-team-concert-part-ii-source-control-enhancements/.

However, I am wondering, if you use CVS today, how do you use it on z/OS?

Last but not least the RTC SCM does not use NFS or any other mounted file system to do SCM for. It provides a HTTPS connection for its clients.

Ralph

We have an existing project using CVS. However, the CVS support is disappearing and it's replacement is RTC, using Jazz for the source control.

Our tools run primarily on z/OS (USS). NFS mounting file systems is slow, difficult and unreliable, so incorporating a laptop-centric replacement is not an option. Is there a command line implementation for the Jazz source control that runs in USS?

Original query

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.