It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Gradual slowdown of CC sync operations

Patrick Renaud (106143) | asked Apr 09 '08, 10:39 a.m.
I have enabled sync with ClearCase recently. Just to see how it was working, in preparation for a medium size pilot project. Currently, we have no changes to sync between RTC and ClearCase but I leave the sync engine run every hour, just to see how it goes about it.

I have noticed a performance degradation that might be symptomatic of a leak somewhere. The first few syncs completed in about 1 m 45 secs. Then it gradually took longer and longer; today, five days after initiating the sync, it takes 3 mins for the same operation. Oh, of course 3 mins is not much and I'm not worried about that. I am just worried that the performance will keep gradually degrading like this, to the point where it will become problematic.

We are stil on M5a. Linux SLED10 server and sync engine.

4 answers

permanent link
Patrick Renaud (106143) | answered Apr 09 '08, 11:06 a.m.
Please disregard. We found other processes consuming processor resources (a number of Xvnc sessions, namely). So, all is good! :D

permanent link
Anders Dahlberg (1611) | answered Apr 10 '08, 4:07 a.m.
Hi Patrick!

Do you have any good instructions regarding, or where to find, how to enable the synchronization with ClearCase? I've tried with both UCM and CC following the instructions in the Rational TeamConcert Information Center. In both cases I can't get further than synchronize "NOT STARTED" when trying to export/synchronize clearcase/UCM with my (already present) work in jazz. :-(

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Apr 10 '08, 8:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
By "NOT STARTED", do you mean that the "status" for the ClearCase
Synchronized Stream is "Pending"? If so, that probably means that you
need to start the synchronization engine process
(...\jazz\buildsystem\buildtoolkit\ScmConnectors\syncengine.startup.bat)

Cheers,
Geoff

AndersDahlberg wrote:
Hi Patrick!

Do you have any good instructions regarding, or where to find, how to
enable the synchronization with ClearCase? I've tried with both UCM
and CC following the instructions in the Rational TeamConcert
Information Center. In both cases I can't get further than
synchronize "NOT STARTED" when trying to export/synchronize
clearcase/UCM with my (already present) work in jazz. :-(

permanent link
Anders Dahlberg (1611) | answered Apr 10 '08, 10:35 a.m.
:) Just found it minutes before your post!

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.