It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM theme not work well

pan tianming (4765644) | asked Nov 11 '10, 3:37 a.m.
After we generate the RAM theme, first we deployed it to Dev env, it is no problem, but after upload to test env, its UI messed up, like the tab "admin", "asset" disappear. I tried to restore to default theme, then upload again and restart the RAM server, but no use. The theme come from our dev env, which theme looks fines, I directly click "download theme" and do the upload theme in our test env. They use the same RAM version 7202 test fix 6 and same WAS server version.

8 answers

permanent link
pan tianming (4765644) | answered Dec 08 '10, 12:14 a.m.
In the test env, somebody mistake to delete the js which called by RAM theme, it never report error in Firebug. So when we debug all the js and css one by one, then find this problem. I am sorry for that.

What was the issue? Knowing the issue will help us debug similar problems in the future.

permanent link
Matt Vestal (5131) | answered Dec 07 '10, 7:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
What was the issue? Knowing the issue will help us debug similar problems in the future.

permanent link
pan tianming (4765644) | answered Dec 07 '10, 6:34 a.m.
I found the reason now, have resolve the problem, so close this defect, thanks.

permanent link
pan tianming (4765644) | answered Dec 07 '10, 4:39 a.m.
Anybody know how to why upload theme not work well? The UI always mess up, and now another Server also found this problem

permanent link
pan tianming (4765644) | answered Nov 22 '10, 9:09 p.m.
I always clean all the cache and login to RAM again to see the effect, thanks.

Anytime you switch themes, you need to clear your browser cache before viewing RAM. Also try pressing Ctrl+R and Ctrl+F5 to refresh the RAM webpages after uploading the new theme.

permanent link
Matt Vestal (5131) | answered Nov 22 '10, 2:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Anytime you switch themes, you need to clear your browser cache before viewing RAM. Also try pressing Ctrl+R and Ctrl+F5 to refresh the RAM webpages after uploading the new theme.

permanent link
pan tianming (4765644) | answered Nov 14 '10, 10:11 p.m.
Sorry, Abhinav, we tried to copy the customMessages_es.properties file from dev env to our test env, then restart the RAM WAS server and upload Theme again,but it still not work

I had faced the same issue sometimeback, this may be due to 'message key' values assign in

<ramwasserver>\profiles\profile1\installedApps\RAMNodeCell\RAM1WebApplication.ear\com.ibm.ram.repository.web.war\WEB-INF\classes\com\ibm\ram\repository\web\bundles\customMessages_es.properties

file are not available in your test env (this file is not part of RAM Theme package).

Try getting this file from dev env.

Note : this is how i solved my problem (Others, correct me if i am wrong).

After we generate the RAM theme, first we deployed it to Dev env, it is no problem, but after upload to test env, its UI messed up, like the tab "admin", "asset" disappear. I tried to restore to default theme, then upload again and restart the RAM server, but no use. The theme come from our dev env, which theme looks fines, I directly click "download theme" and do the upload theme in our test env. They use the same RAM version 7202 test fix 6 and same WAS server version.

permanent link
Abhinav Ajmera (22113020) | answered Nov 11 '10, 6:49 a.m.
I had faced the same issue sometimeback, this may be due to 'message key' values assign in

<ramwasserver>\profiles\profile1\installedApps\RAMNodeCell\RAM1WebApplication.ear\com.ibm.ram.repository.web.war\WEB-INF\classes\com\ibm\ram\repository\web\bundles\customMessages_es.properties

file are not available in your test env (this file is not part of RAM Theme package).

Try getting this file from dev env.

Note : this is how i solved my problem (Others, correct me if i am wrong).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.