It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Anything to help with modifying Workflow

Steve Woodbridge (1352225) | asked Nov 05 '10, 7:53 p.m.
I have a workflow that, while not very large, is large enough to drive me nuts when it comes to maintaining in RTC.

Is there some setting within RTC that allows me to do something similar to the "Freeze Panes" function in MS Excel ? So I can always see the "From State" and "To State" while scrolling back and forth ?

Or has anyone written anything that would :
1 - Take the XML code produced for a given Workflow and convert it to a spreadsheet that can be edited, and then
2 - Be able to convert the CSV file to XML and merge back into into RTC replacing the portion of the XML code that pertains to the Workflow in question ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 08 '10, 12:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

not that I know of. In 3.0 the matrix appears to be smaller and if you use a wide screen display it seems OK.

I played with it - the cell size seems to be the maximum length of the actions. So as long as you make the action names small it will work fine.

If you name an action for instance "I should really not use soooo big action names" you would end up in the same situation as described below.

You may want to create a work item for that. I'd try to locate if there is one already before.

Ralph

I have a workflow that, while not very large, is large enough to drive me nuts when it comes to maintaining in RTC.

Is there some setting within RTC that allows me to do something similar to the "Freeze Panes" function in MS Excel ? So I can always see the "From State" and "To State" while scrolling back and forth ?

Or has anyone written anything that would :
1 - Take the XML code produced for a given Workflow and convert it to a spreadsheet that can be edited, and then
2 - Be able to convert the CSV file to XML and merge back into into RTC replacing the portion of the XML code that pertains to the Workflow in question ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.