It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Querying workitems that appear in workitem list

Moti Wertheimer (18913628) | asked Nov 02 '10, 5:20 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I have a custom field on "Story" workitem called "Defects" the type of this field is "work item list".
Now, I need to get all defects that appears in this field of specific stories. (e.g. all defects in stories planned for 1.0 release)

If it was some link between the "Story" and it's "Defects" I would query for all defects linked (e.g. related) to stories planned for 1.0 release.

But since there is no link, I see no way to define this query.

One answer

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Nov 03 '10, 5:11 a.m.
Hi,
I have a custom field on "Story" workitem called "Defects" the type of this field is "work item list".
Now, I need to get all defects that appears in this field of specific stories. (e.g. all defects in stories planned for 1.0 release)

If it was some link between the "Story" and it's "Defects" I would query for all defects linked (e.g. related) to stories planned for 1.0 release.

But since there is no link, I see no way to define this query.

Hi,

I'm afraid that this particular feature is not available in RTC 2.0, or at least only semi available. What you have there is a link. The links can not appear in the eclipse client. You can get the field parant though but only get it displayed in the RTC web client. Another way to do it is to create a report that contain the info you want. Shoudl be fairly straight forward as soon as you become confident with the snapshots.
I think more of this kind of queries will be available in RTC 3.0

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.