It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Requirements Composer 2.0.0.3 now available!

Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | asked Oct 24 '10, 12:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are pleased to announce that IBM Rational Requirements Composer 2.0.0.3 is now available.

Check out the New & Noteworthy to see the new features we have added.

This release includes many defect fixes and performance improvements. Try it out and let us know what you think!

We look forward to hearing your feedback on this forum, and through Jazz.net work items!

3 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Oct 24 '10, 1:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are pleased to announce
that IBM Rational Requirements Composer 2.0.0.3 is now available.

This release includes many defect fixes and performance improvements. Try it out and let us know what you think!

We look forward to hearing your feedback on this forum, and through Jazz.net work items!

Many thanks to you and the team for the hard work you have put into this release.

permanent link
Anderson Silva (311911) | answered Nov 04 '10, 10:09 p.m.
We are pleased to announce
that IBM Rational Requirements Composer 2.0.0.3 is now available.

Is it necessary to upgrade both server and client from 2.0.0.2 ifix 1 to 2.0.0.3 at same time or can I migrate server and then gradually migrate client? In other words can I use RRC Server 2.0.0.3 with RRC Client 2.0.0.2 ifix 1?

I am asking because I have about 100 clients.

Thanks

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Nov 05 '10, 12:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
No, it is not necessary to upgrade both in your scenario. We do try hard to make it such that keeping them sync'ed is not required. Sometimes there are some inter-dependencies that make this difficult as was the case with some of the security fixes in 2.0.0.2 iFix1, but that was not the case for 2.0.0.3.

That said, we do obviously recommend upgrading both so that you can take advantage of the fixes and improvements both on the client and server side.

One case in point, we made some improvements to the queries created by the client which reduces stress on the server. Even if the server is upgraded and you update your client, if other users don't update their client, they can still cause undue stress on the server which can impact it's ability to respond to your queries in a timely manner.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.