It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JBE failing with "Not a heap file"

Mark Parry (31121711) | asked Apr 02 '08, 11:50 p.m.
I've had an automated continuous integration build working for about a
week now. Tonight its generating the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Not a heap file
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.PersistentBTreeHeap.init(PersistentBTreeHeap.java:60)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.PersistentBTreeHeap.<init>(PersistentBTreeHeap.java:28)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.PersistentHeapManager$AutoClosingPersistentFileHeap.<init>(PersistentHeapManager.java:75)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.PersistentHeapManager.getPersistentFileHeap(PersistentHeapManager.java:38)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Store.newPersistentBTreeHeap(Store.java:43)
at
com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.content.util.PersistentDiskBackedHashMap.initFromFile(PersistentDiskBackedHashMap.java:69)
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.Store.<init>(Store.java:28)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.SharingMetadata2$InverseMetadataStore.<init>(SharingMetadata2.java:261)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.SharingMetadata2.initInverseItemInfos(SharingMetadata2.java:814)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.SharingMetadata2.getFileItemInfo(SharingMetadata2.java:1258)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.MetadataChangeTracker.getFileItemInfo(MetadataChangeTracker.java:392)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.getLocalPathInternal(CopyFileAreaStore.java:866)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.copyfileareas.CopyFileAreaStore.getLocalPathFor(CopyFileAreaStore.java:847)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.getShareable(MergeLoadMutator.java:777)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.load.MergeLoadMutator.execute(MergeLoadMutator.java:412)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:87)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.load(LoadOperation.java:448)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadOperation.doLoad(LoadOperation.java:205)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LocalFileSystemLoadOperation.execute(LocalFileSystemLoadOperation.java:106)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.operations.FileSystemOperation.run(FileSystemOperation.java:87)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.FileSystemView.loadLocalFileSystem(FileSystemView.java:424)
at
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.FileSystemView.loadLocalFileSystem(FileSystemView.java:382)
at
com.ibm.team.build.internal.scm.SourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(SourceControlUtility.java:200)
at
com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:143)
at
com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:398)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$2.run(BuildLoop.java:286)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:735)

This is on a RHAT 4 linux box using IBM's java 6 sdk and RTC M5a. I have
not yet tried a reboot of the machine as the jbe is co-located on the
same box as my jazz server installation (WAS 6.1/DB2 9.1).
Recommendations or thoughts?

--Mark

2 answers

permanent link
Don Weinand (7851) | answered Apr 03 '08, 1:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Interesting...when I do a find duplicates on this it comes up with defect https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=27288 which is almost identical except that our build engine is now doing the fetching instead of our ant task. It shows the underlying problem in SCM was resolved last July. Perhaps it's that you're using Java 6 or it's simply raised it's ugly head again. I've logged the problem again in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=49777 and added you as a subscriber.

Don Weinand
Jazz Team Build

permanent link
Mark Parry (31121711) | answered Apr 03 '08, 9:28 a.m.
dmweinan wrote:
Interesting...when I do a find duplicates on this it comes up with
defect
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=27288
which is almost identical except that our build engine is now doing
the fetching instead of our ant task. It shows the underlying
problem in SCM was resolved last July. Perhaps it's that you're
using Java 6 or it's simply raised it's ugly head again. I've logged
the problem again in
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Project#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=49777
and added you as a subscriber.

Don Weinand
Jazz Team Build

Ok,
I change change the default JVM pretty easy w/o a reboot. So I'll do
that and report back. If that doesn't work I'll reboot the server as
well and restart with Java 6. Should I continue posting to the forum or
just update the work item? The later I assume?

--Mark

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.