It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Client and Red Hat 4

Mark Roberts (1205338) | asked Oct 19 '10, 5:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
A customer has a problem starting RTC on Red Hat 4 which apparently doesn't have xulrunner in the same way that Ubuntu does.

Any ideas ? Here is the full text of the problem

Unfortunately, we're still hitting problems with this. Apparently, xulrunner doesn't exist in a form for RH4 (or at least, I've not been able to find one in any of the available RH4 repositories. I've tried building it from source under RH4, but there are a number of prerequisites which don't exist for RH4 in the required versions.)

As far as I can see, under RH4, libxul.so is installed as part of the firefox package itself. Maybe this is the source of the problem under RH4 (perhaps there is some incompatibility between the stand-alone xulrunner libraries, and the versions provided in the earlier versions of firefox?)

3 answers

permanent link
Lothar Kappen (1161912) | answered Nov 02 '10, 10:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I had a similar problem on Suse Enterprise. Starting Eclipse from command line showed, that it actually was a XUL problem. It said something like "symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/xulrunner/libxul.so: undefined symbol: gdk_screen_get_resolution".

By adding a line to eclipse.ini I pointed Eclipse to an older XUL version and it started with no problems:

-Dorg.eclipse.swt.browser.XULRunnerPath=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.8.0.1eol/xulrunner

This link gives some more details regarding the same problem with Rational Performance Tester:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=1518&context=SSNKWF&uid=swg21393436&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Hope that helps.

permanent link
Mark Roberts (1205338) | answered Oct 19 '10, 4:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mark. I'd like to get more information on this problem.

- Based on the subject line, it sounds like it's the RTC Eclipse Client that's having the problem. Is this correct?
- If so, what version is the customer using?
- What specific function or functions are failing because of the Xulrunner problem?

Bill

The customer is trying to install the RTC client. I believe that they have downloaded 2.0.0.2 IFIX 4. The issue is that the Eclipse client fails to start.

Mark

permanent link
Bill Higgins (4562523) | answered Oct 19 '10, 9:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mark. I'd like to get more information on this problem.

- Based on the subject line, it sounds like it's the RTC Eclipse Client that's having the problem. Is this correct?
- If so, what version is the customer using?
- What specific function or functions are failing because of the Xulrunner problem?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.