It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

antz:alloc Dataset definition with fixed member name

Berthold Kröger (7841923) | asked Oct 19 '10, 2:29 a.m.
Hi, I created a dataset definition for a z/OS mainframe library with a fixed member name. In the translator definition I requested to append the member name to the DSN. The result is following allocation request in the file macrodefs.xml:
<antz:alloc dd="EXB1" dsn="UTD29.CACEIS.PARMSEMPTY" parm="shr"/>

The DSN is UTD29.CACEIS.PARMS. The member name is EMPTY. The parenthesis are missing!
Does anybody know a solution or workaround for that?

bkrgr1

One answer

permanent link
Nicolas Dangeville (31632425) | answered Nov 22 '10, 9:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I created a dataset definition for a z/OS mainframe library with a fixed member name. In the translator definition I requested to append the member name to the DSN. The result is following allocation request in the file macrodefs.xml:
<antz:alloc dd="EXB1" dsn="UTD29.CACEIS.PARMSEMPTY" parm="shr"/>

The DSN is UTD29.CACEIS.PARMS. The member name is EMPTY. The parenthesis are missing!
Does anybody know a solution or workaround for that?

bkrgr1

Sorry for the slow answer. This is a known bug, fixed in v3 and tracked by https://jazz.net/jazz07/web/projects/Enterprise%20Extensions%20for%20Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=5721

Nicolas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.