It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Team Concert and Middleware

Mike Naas (1) | asked Oct 18 '10, 11:25 a.m.
Hi everyone!
Recently, I've become involved with middleware, business integration, and service oriented architecture with this client of mine that does SOA consulting. We've been working with a new client who is having problems with the fact that JCAPS is no longer strategic to Oracle, and that this client -- and many other big businesses -- are faced with the prospect of huge costs.

I'm trying to flesh out an overview, and I was wondering if someone can talk a bit about how Rational Team Concert intersects with business integration? I understand that it is all about integrating tasks for software development and IT, but can it be classified as "middleware?" Please advise.

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jul 29 '11, 8:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm trying to flesh out an overview, and I was wondering if someone can talk a bit about how Rational Team Concert intersects with business integration? I understand that it is all about integrating tasks for software development and IT, but can it be classified as "middleware?" Please advise.

Hi Integrella,

Rational Team Concert is an application founded on the Jazz infrastructure. Jazz is a technology that uses classic middleware components (a relational database, application server) to run.

If anything, I'd call Jazz the "middleware" rather than the apps that run on Jazz. A better classification might be: Jazz is a federal repository for integrating several (possibly distinct) data models and data pools on the server side.

The important part of Jazz that does this is the Open Services for Lifecycle Collaboration integration services. If you look at the domains for which OSLC have been specified you get a pretty good idea about what Jazz is trying to integrate. The scope is around Systems and Software Engineering.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.