It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import User Stories with acceptance criteria?

Paul Coccoli (111) | asked Oct 14 '10, 1:49 p.m.
We've got tons of user stories in a spreadsheet. One column contains the acceptance criteria. How can I get the "Criteria of Acceptance" field on the work item Acceptance tab populated?

I can't find that field in the export dialog, so I assume it's not possible in import.

I tried adding a column with "Criteria of Acceptance" but it was silently ignored. the import was otherwise successful.

2 answers

permanent link
Jared Russell (1.3k12019) | answered Oct 10 '12, 7:20 a.m.
 Looking at the SCRUM process template, the actual name of the attribute is "Acceptance Test", so I would expect that if you add an "Acceptance Test" column to your input CSV file it would be imported successfully.

Comments
Why Tea commented Oct 10 '12, 7:57 a.m.

Perfect! It works! Thank you.

/WT 

Why Tea commented Oct 11 '12, 6:49 p.m.

Jared,

Two more questions.

1) When I export a selection from an Excel spreadsheet for both tasks and stories to CSV and then import the CSV to RTC, the "Acceptance Test" will go into Acceptance Criteria for each story, but a new tab is created for each task as "Acceptance Test". Is there a way to get around this? I guess export separate CSV files, one for stories and one for tasks will get around the issue, but it's tedious.

2) Is there a way to automate the import process from one or more CSV files?

Thanks!

Regards,
/WT

permanent link
Why Tea (25246) | answered Oct 10 '12, 6:17 a.m.
 I also want to know if this is possible. This question has been 2 years old, does anyone have any idea about it? Or is it simply impossible to import the Acceptance Criteria?

/WT

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.