It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create custom "Group By" in Taskboard view?

James Leone (13613513) | asked Oct 08 '10, 12:49 a.m.
I would like to be able to add a filter to the plan views in RTC. Out of the box there are filters for a variety of things like:
Planned Items
Assigned Items
Resolved Items

I would like to create one that only shows work items assigned to the "current user" so they can update their items in the taskboard and not get distracted (or start changing the state of other people's stuff).

In the Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Planning there is "Plan Mode Elements"

This seems to be where these filters are defined and I figured out how changes here look in the Process Configuration Source.

My problem at this point is I can't seem to find the source code for these filter classes (like com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ui.filter.TopLevelTypeFilter). I want to set some breakpoints and look at that code, then I pretty can figure out how to create my own filter.

Is there a way to do this? I have gone through the SDK setup described here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_ProcessPreConditionExample but I dont' see anything in the com.ibm.team.apt.internal.ui.filter package so I am assuming that this code is not in the SDK and I need to do something special to see it.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 26 '12, 7:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I haven't done it myself, but these are things I could find.

In the project configuration>Configuration Data>Planning>Plan View Elements you can see the available filters. If you edit a filter you can see the class that is used.

If you search the SDK for this class you can find the filters in com.ibm.team.apt.shared.ui.internal.filters....

I have references how to declare the filters in the plugin com.ibm.team.apt.shared.ui. You would have to try.

There seems to be no reference to the filters in the process XML, at least I couldn't find them So I am not sure how the UI displays them and how to declare they are there.
I assume if you implement a filter and declare it in the plugin the extension point will collect it.

permanent link
Scott Crouch (48532326) | answered Mar 24 '12, 4:25 p.m.
Bump so I can get confirmation if this is possible

Bumping to see if you ever found out if this possible. Ironically I was searching for the purpose of doing the exact same use case you are looking for "filter to current user".

permanent link
James Leone (13613513) | answered Oct 14 '10, 12:07 a.m.
Bump so I can get confirmation if this is possible

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.