It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Query - Attribute Doesn't Exist

Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | asked Sep 29 '10, 1:55 p.m.
I can create a work item query where it's possible to specify "show me work items where attribute XYZ exists."

I cannot, however, find a way to create a similar query in which a given attribute does not exist. This would be helpful in identifying work items that require attribute synchronization.

Did I miss this feature somehow? If not, is an RTC enhancement already created for it (I couldn't find one).

Thanks, Gary

4 answers

permanent link
Michael Walker (99214201157) | answered Mar 28 '11, 1:40 p.m.
Ok sorry...I don't know about that one. I usually just create a query that returns all the records I want to sync but with 50,000 records I could imagine that being difficult.

Comments
kavita herur commented Jul 02 '14, 4:37 a.m.

Hi All,

Got any solution on this? I am also looking for it.

Thanks,

Kavita

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Mar 28 '11, 4:31 a.m.
Mine is actually an enumeration. It isn't that I want when it is "not" something, but rather, when the field doens't exist. My situation is, I have about 50,000 work items across various workItemTypes. I recently added a new attribute field. We've gone through to do a Sync Attributes on all of the attribute types and when we do that, the attribute shows "Unassigned". However, we have several that we have found that are not Sync'd, so when you try to edit the WorkItem, the field doesn't display. Those need to be Sync'd, but I can't find a query for them. I have tried a query where the attribute "is not" and then select all of the items (so not any of the known values) and get 0. So that one didn't work. There is an "exists" but there isn't a "does NOT exist".

I can create a query to just show everything, export that, and I can see the ones where it "doesn't exist" but then I have to do them all one at a time.

Susan

Which type of Attribute are you trying to do this on? I thought most types allow you to select "is not".

permanent link
Michael Walker (99214201157) | answered Mar 28 '11, 12:56 a.m.
Which type of Attribute are you trying to do this on? I thought most types allow you to select "is not".

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Mar 27 '11, 6:52 a.m.
I am also now in need of this exact thing ... can it be done? Anybody?

Susan

I can create a work item query where it's possible to specify "show me work items where attribute XYZ exists."

I cannot, however, find a way to create a similar query in which a given attribute does not exist. This would be helpful in identifying work items that require attribute synchronization.

Did I miss this feature somehow? If not, is an RTC enhancement already created for it (I couldn't find one).

Thanks, Gary

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.