It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Licensing in RTC/JTS 3.0

Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | asked Sep 28 '10, 11:27 a.m.
In previous RTC versions, we assigned users either contributor or developer licenses. In 3.0 RC 0, the licenses available in the JTS app are"Foundation User" and "RM Application-Internal". What is the mapping of these license types to the current mapping in RTC, and then the rest of the Jazz-based product licenses?

My issue began creating an RTC project with3.0 RC 0. I gave myself a Foundation User license, but could not create a new project area in RTC and received the error below. Giving myself the "RM Applciation" license then allowed me to initialize the project and move forward. So I am confused on licensing for RTC and Jazz products in 3.0. We went from 10-15 license types to 2. And also what is is the entitlement mapping from the 2.0 products to 3.0 for existing customers purchasing RTC and RQM.

Many thanks.

"The client access licenses assigned to the current user do not allow the "Save Category" operation. Assign one of the following license types to this user to allow this operation: RM Application-Internal."

3 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 28 '10, 11:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The pre-release versions of RTC always have a limited license period,
since the pre-release versions shouldn't be used after the release is
available.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 10/28/2010 6:38 AM, MartinI88 wrote:
Hi, Ive got a question about the server licence modell in 3.0

We want to take a look on the new RTC3.0RC2.
So we installed in Eclipse Client-3.0RC2 and tried to setup a new
compatible server for the
eclipse-Installation.(JTS-CCM-With-Trial-Licenses-repo-3.0RC2.zip)

1. There arent 4 diffrent editions like before, and no priceless
express-c.
2. The trialversion shows remaining 34 days for the developerlicence,
isnt there a unlimited developerlicence anymore?

permanent link
Raphael Weisser (10195) | answered Oct 28 '10, 6:25 a.m.
Hi, Ive got a question about the server licence modell in 3.0

We want to take a look on the new RTC3.0RC2.
So we installed in Eclipse Client-3.0RC2 and tried to setup a new compatible server for the eclipse-Installation.(JTS-CCM-With-Trial-Licenses-repo-3.0RC2.zip)

1. There arent 4 diffrent editions like before, and no priceless express-c.
2. The trialversion shows remaining 34 days for the developerlicence, isnt there a unlimited developerlicence anymore?

permanent link
Joel Pech (331) | answered Sep 29 '10, 7:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Harry, it sounds like you might not have installed the trial licenses for RC0. I used the Installation Manager repositories install and you have to select to install the Trial licenses. After doing so, this will add RTC, RQM and DOOR RP licenses. The DOORS RP licenses are included if you download the trial licenses from the DOORS RP 3.0 download area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.