It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

upgrading to iFix4

Manoj Panda (39336662) | asked Sep 28 '10, 5:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I would like to upgrade from RTC2002 (iFix2)to iFix4 for Enterprise Edition. I download the RTC-Enterprise-Full-2.0.0.2iFix4-Win-Web.exe file which is 81MB.

If I need to upgrade the RTC Server, looks like the server is looking for Internet connection which is not permitted. Now I suspect what I downloaded from the jazz.net may bot be correct.

Is it like i need to download the complete package. OR how to upgrade without having the internet connection on the JAZZ Server.

One answer

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Sep 28 '10, 9:24 a.m.
The following information is assuming that you want to install on a Windows server.

The Web installation package is intended for users using the RTC client. For servers, you should download the installation package labeled:

Server and Optional Features (Local Install)

It is a big package, but that is the one you want. Download it to a local place on the hard drive of the server (if possible). For example, create a folder named C:\RTC_Installs. (NOTE: If you can't directly download it to the server as you mentioned in your original post, download it onto your PC and copy or move the installation package to the server.)

You will then be able to run a "local install" of the RTC server. Essentially, you can extract the package in the folder you created above and run launchpad.exe to start the install process. There are a few things you need to know about when doing RTC installs (i.e., location of the installation repository), and the Installation Help documentation can help you out with that.

That should work.

-Walter

Hi,
I would like to upgrade from RTC2002 (iFix2)to iFix4 for Enterprise Edition. I download the RTC-Enterprise-Full-2.0.0.2iFix4-Win-Web.exe file which is 81MB.

If I need to upgrade the RTC Server, looks like the server is looking for Internet connection which is not permitted. Now I suspect what I downloaded from the jazz.net may bot be correct.

Is it like i need to download the complete package. OR how to upgrade without having the internet connection on the JAZZ Server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.