It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Firewall requirements when integrating RTC and RCQ

Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | asked Sep 21 '10, 5:23 p.m.
Hi.
I need to find out which ports-openings are required for integrating ClearQuest and RTC through a firewall.

I suppose that CQ needs only expose port 9443 and that RTC doesn't need to expose anything - at least for the connector, but is that true?
And what if I'm going for the bridge solution?

Can anyone point me to some documentation on this?

Thanks,
/Morten

7 answers

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Sep 27 '10, 5:26 p.m.
Hi.
Is it too simple or too complex for anyone to comment on?
/Morten

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 28 '10, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry no one has commented on this earlier, I must have missed it.

The firewall port openings are not fixed; they are whatever you configure them to be. In our self-host, we have port 9443 for the RTC server and port 8444 for the CQ Connector.

I can't comment on the CQ Bridge, but I will ping some folks who would know.

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Sep 28 '10, 10:07 a.m.
The firewall port openings are not fixed; they are whatever you configure them to be.

Thanks!
Just to make sure:
In the connector-solution, connections are initiated purely from RTC, right?
And that means that only the CQ server needs to be reachable on a port of my choise, then (e.g. 8444 like yours) for the RTC to synchronize, right?

Thanks,
/Morten

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 28 '10, 10:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Connections are made either by the RTC server when processing outgoing sync, ie. changes originating from RTC, or by the CQ Connector gateway, ie. changes originating from CQ, when performing incoming sync.

permanent link
Samuel Padgett (2172) | answered Sep 28 '10, 11:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can't comment on the CQ Bridge, but I will ping some folks who would know.

For CQ Bridge, you shouldn't need to open any additional ports. It uses the standard HTTP and HTTPS ports (80 and 443) to talk to the CQ Web server.

permanent link
Morten Mikkelsen (136156) | answered Sep 28 '10, 2:42 p.m.
Connections are made either by the RTC server when processing outgoing sync, ie. changes originating from RTC, or by the CQ Connector gateway, ie. changes originating from CQ, when performing incoming sync.

Dangit - is there no way to avoid the connections originating from CQ towards RTC, and let RTC poll periodically for changes in CQ records?

Thanks,
/Morten

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 28 '10, 3:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sorry, that's not how it was designed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.