It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Capture multi value enumerations and report on them ?

Sean G Wilbur (87212421) | asked Sep 17 '10, 11:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have a requirement to allow users to enter multi-value enumerations but I have not found a good way to capture them and allow for them to be used in reports without massaging.

Currently I have a standard enumeration, and have added a string type attribute and associated the editor presentation binding to a multi-select list with the corresponding enumeration.

Can I do any better than that? That really means the built-in dashboards inside RTC can't deal with that field and I can only get to it via external reporting or custom BIRT reports that split on the comma and do the literal to value lookups for me. If that's what I got I will go down that route, but I wanted to see if there is not a better way that I missed.

-Sean

4 answers

permanent link
cupif jerome (31165) | answered May 23 '11, 4:09 a.m.
It works fine, thanks

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered May 13 '11, 4:08 a.m.
Hi,
I try to configure an multi value attribute and I do not understand the way to use en enumeration and where to define the enumeration list ?
What do you mean by pass a project area as parameter ?
Thanks

Hey

You are trying to just add a field ? not anything about reports ?

There is something called Enumerations in Process Configuration under Configuration Data->Work Items->Enumerations

Add you options here - then make a string field to link it to:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21457416

permanent link
cupif jerome (31165) | answered May 12 '11, 6:39 a.m.
Hi,
I try to configure an multi value attribute and I do not understand the way to use en enumeration and where to define the enumeration list ?
What do you mean by pass a project area as parameter ?
Thanks

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered May 03 '11, 4:38 a.m.
I have a requirement to allow users to enter multi-value enumerations but I have not found a good way to capture them and allow for them to be used in reports without massaging.

Currently I have a standard enumeration, and have added a string type attribute and associated the editor presentation binding to a multi-select list with the corresponding enumeration.

Can I do any better than that? That really means the built-in dashboards inside RTC can't deal with that field and I can only get to it via external reporting or custom BIRT reports that split on the comma and do the literal to value lookups for me. If that's what I got I will go down that route, but I wanted to see if there is not a better way that I missed.

-Sean

You can use the Enumeration dataset - notice you need to pass it a project area as parameter for it to work (or you will get no results) use for instance '{Current Project Area}'

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.