It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to connect to RTC and check out files using commandline

Ian He (66105) | asked Sep 16 '10, 11:27 a.m.
We are currently using ant script to check out files from CVS. Since we are moving our source code from CVS to RTC, we need to modify our scripts to connect to RTC and check out files from RTC. What is the best way to do this? Any instructions or document that I can follow? Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 16 '10, 11:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are currently using ant script to check out files from CVS. Since we are moving our source code from CVS to RTC, we need to modify our scripts to connect to RTC and check out files from RTC. What is the best way to do this? Any instructions or document that I can follow? Thanks!

Hi

The help section on the commandline interface should assist if you need to do a direct translation. If your Ant script is part of a build process, check the build help as you may no longer require some of the actions you currently have in your Ant script. The build help may be useful here.

anthony

permanent link
Ian He (66105) | answered Sep 21 '10, 10:25 a.m.

Hi

The help section on the commandline interface should assist if you need to do a direct translation. If your Ant script is part of a build process, check the build help as you may no longer require some of the actions you currently have in your Ant script. The build help may be useful here.

anthony

Hi Anthony,
Thanks for your reply to my question. I tried to look at the help. The command syntax is not hard to use. However, I don't know how to start the SCM command. I have RTC 2.0.0.2 client in stalled on my machine. How can I lunch the SCM command? I looked at the RTC install location, I don't see the SCM command file.
Thanks,

permanent link
Ian He (66105) | answered Sep 21 '10, 10:33 a.m.

Hi

anthony

Hi Anthony,
Thanks for your reply to my question. I tried to look at the help. The command syntax is not hard to use. However, I don't know how to start the SCM command. I have RTC 2.0.0.2 client in stalled on my machine. How can I lunch the SCM command? I looked at the RTC install location, I don't see the SCM command file.
Thanks,

Sorry. I found the SCM tool. I will play with it. Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.