It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with loading build workspace

Narayanan Potti (27037379) | asked Sep 15 '10, 2:39 p.m.
Hello everyone

Details on my RTC environment:

Jazz Team Server - 1.0.0.2 iFix 2 (I20100331-2220)
Rational Team Concert - 2.0.0.2 iFix 2 (I20100331-2220)
Build script - ANT 1.7.1

Code development in RTC is organized into several components. Each component is modifiable from a stream dedicated to it. Each stream is owned by a team dedicated to it. A few streams have more than one component. So the code structure looks like this:

TeamA - StreamA - CompA,
TeamB - StreamB - CompB,
TeamC - StreamC - CompC, .... so on
TeamM - Stream M - CompM, CompN, CompO,
TeamM - StreamP - CompP, CompQ, CompR

Build user is a member of all the teams. I need to create automated build in Team C for CompC. To execute the build script it requires CompA, CompB, CompD and CompN in the workspace. I created a repository workspace for the build with these streams in flow target-
StreamA, StreamB, StreamC, StreamD and StreamM. When the build is executed it loads all the components in the workspace except CompC and it causes the build to fail.

I need to know the best way to set up the build workspace.

Any help is much apprecited.

Thank You
NP

4 answers

permanent link
Narayanan Potti (27037379) | answered Sep 17 '10, 5:24 p.m.
The component that doesn't load, CompC has a folder, several sub-folders and files in it. The contents are dispalyed when I do "Show > Repository Files" on CompC in StreamC. The build.xml file used by ANT is located in this component at the top level. Contents of CompC are displayed when I run "Show > Repository Files" in the build stream as well.

Thank You
NP

I tried creating a separate build stream and added the components CompA, CompB, CompD and CompN to the build stream. Then I changed the flow target of build repository workspace to the build steam.

Is there anything in build workspace's CompC? You can check by running "Show > Repository Files" on the component in the workspace editor.

During a build, the build toolkit will accept from the current flow target(s) of the build workspace. If your CompC doesn't have any content and the workspace is collaborating with a stream that doesn't contain a CompC, then you won't have anything to load.

e

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Sep 17 '10, 4:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried creating a separate build stream and added the components CompA, CompB, CompD and CompN to the build stream. Then I changed the flow target of build repository workspace to the build steam.

Is there anything in build workspace's CompC? You can check by running "Show > Repository Files" on the component in the workspace editor.

During a build, the build toolkit will accept from the current flow target(s) of the build workspace. If your CompC doesn't have any content and the workspace is collaborating with a stream that doesn't contain a CompC, then you won't have anything to load.

e

permanent link
Narayanan Potti (27037379) | answered Sep 17 '10, 2:17 p.m.
I cannot figure out why a CompC alone is not loaded. Build.xml file is located in this component. I tried creating a separate build stream and added the components CompA, CompB, CompD and CompN to the build stream. Then I changed the flow target of build repository workspace to the build steam. It didn't make any change with this configuration - during fetch operation all the components are loaded excpet CompC and build fails.

I couldn't find anything in the RTC Error Log that gives a clue on this.

Thank You
NP

Why isn't CompC being loaded? There should be an error in a log someplace.

e

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Sep 17 '10, 11:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Why isn't CompC being loaded? There should be an error in a log someplace.

e

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.