It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SSL Jabber

Robert Thompson (31274) | asked Sep 13 '10, 3:17 p.m.
I get the following error in the log when I try to connect to a Jabber Server. The server only accepts SSL connections, is there a way to force it to use SSL?

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.collaboration.rcp.core 4 0 2010-09-13 13:56:57.859
!MESSAGE Exception running 'Connecting to IM Services'
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.jabber.core.provider.JabberChatSession.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.core.session.CollaborationSession.login(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.login(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.login(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.chat.ui.viewer.ChatMeetingView$MissingServiceConnectionPage$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService$1$1$1.runProtected(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Unknown Source)

2 answers

permanent link
Jelle Vink (6) | answered Oct 13 '11, 2:05 a.m.
We have the same problem, any news about this ?

I get the following error in the log when I try to connect to a Jabber Server. The server only accepts SSL connections, is there a way to force it to use SSL?

!STACK 0
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.jabber.core.provider.JabberChatSession.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.core.session.CollaborationSession.login(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService.doLogin(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.chat.ui.viewer.ChatMeetingView$MissingServiceConnectionPage$1$1.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.collaboration.internal.core.service.DefaultCollaborationService$1$1$1.runProtected(Unknown Source)

permanent link
Francis Kemp (7212944) | answered Mar 26 '12, 2:28 p.m.
I'm getting a similar error with RTC V3012, was there ever a resolution to this?

We have the same problem, any news about this ?

!STACK 0

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.