It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving RAM to a different LDAP server

Patchanee Petprayoon (133) | asked Sep 10 '10, 3:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm looking for a solution to migrate RAM server to a different host in a different domain with a different LDAP server.
We need a solution that ideally allows us to move the entire RAM/RTC repository to the new environment and preserve history/ownership.

I am thinking about using the RAM database backup and store. However, I'm not sure what will happen to the back end database because the accounts for some users will be different than what they are in the current domain.

We plan to change the names in the domains to match, likely making the current domain match the target domain (due to restrictions on the target domain). What we are doing with Build Forge, for instance, is going into the database prior to migration and changing all the user references to use the modified user name. That way, when we migrate (backup/restore), the user names match and all we need to do is go into the database and change the domain of the users. This will all be done with custom SQL queries provided by development. We need that level of support from RAM development or an alternative solution.

Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Rogério Ramos da Silva (3352827) | answered Dec 16 '10, 2:06 p.m.
-Patchaneeoy

You try to do the backup/restore amongst yours repositories?

If yes, what is the final result?

tks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.