It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

debug tab loses focus on current stack location on refresh

Dan Miller (121) | asked Sep 09 '10, 9:08 a.m.
When I am in debugging mode, the debugging tab that shows my current stack trace will lose focus and collapse, thus stopping me from evaluating any values in the current file until I reselect the stack location I am on.

There are times where the window will refresh, focus lost, I navigate back to my stack location, click, and before I can even navigate out of the tab window, the focus is relost.

Other times, I will regain focus, go to my file and go to evaluate an expression, and once I start hitting the key sequence, the focus is lost again.

Needless to say, this bug does not make a debugging session easy.

Is there a work around?

I'm running RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 03.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Sep 09 '10, 12:40 p.m.
When I am in debugging mode, the debugging tab that shows my current stack trace will lose focus and collapse, thus stopping me from evaluating any values in the current file until I reselect the stack location I am on.

There are times where the window will refresh, focus lost, I navigate back to my stack location, click, and before I can even navigate out of the tab window, the focus is relost.

Other times, I will regain focus, go to my file and go to evaluate an expression, and once I start hitting the key sequence, the focus is lost again.

Needless to say, this bug does not make a debugging session easy.

Is there a work around?

I'm running RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 03.

This wouldn't seem to be an RTC issue but a base Eclipse issue. RTC distributes with a full eclipse client enabled for Java development but support for the non-RTC features is through eclipse.org. You can start here:

http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project_summary.php?projectid=eclipse.jdt

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.