It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Asset publishing automation : Relationship

Abhinav Ajmera (22113020) | asked Aug 26 '10, 8:47 a.m.
I have wsdl and xsd as different asset type.

Now i have corresponding xsd name/targetnamespace as WSDL Asset attribute (by automation).

Now how can I automatically define WSDL asset to XSD asset relationship while submitting WSDL and/or XSD assets in RAM.

If you can provide the example or any external link explaining the same.

Thanks

8 answers

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Apr 22 '11, 6:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Policy creation seems a good idea....

Will we need to create session within RAM Policy for > searching the asset > Assign the relationship> submit the asset back.

If yes how can we integrate both Policy Creation API and RAMClient API?

If no, please suggest the way to achieve this.

My Usecase : I will submit the asset > Now based on one of the asset attribute I have selected, RAM have to perform search (i will set it the way that it will not get what asset i want) > now RAM have to get GUID of that asset/s > now RAM have to take associate the asset (on which the policy is running) and associate it to retrieved GUID.

... or create a policy that will do this regardless,

Yes, you can use the client (Java) API from a policy. You will need to .zip your policy .jar s with the ramclient.jar, and upload that .zip as your policy.

permanent link
Abhinav Ajmera (22113020) | answered Apr 18 '11, 6:20 a.m.
I have achieved it thru Batch Upload API (Excel to RAM).

I have automated physical file update to RAM. I am not allowing users to manually upload physical files in RAM. I am automatically fetching physical files from SCM on weekly basis, and in case of any change I am populating these to excel with related asset GUID.

Now my batch upload program is taking care of relationship creation. It is also agreed by different stakeholders as its reducing manual effort to load physical files.

Hope it will help you. If you figure out any other way, please let me know.

permanent link
andrew opat (1666) | answered Apr 11 '11, 9:20 a.m.
Did you find a way of performing a search/update from within a policy?

I am trying to do similar actions with policies.

Will we need to create session within RAM Policy for > searching the asset > Assign the relationship> submit the asset back.

My Usecase : I will submit the asset > Now based on one of the asset attribute I have selected, RAM have to perform search (i will set it the way that it will not get what asset i want) > now RAM have to get GUID of that asset/s > now RAM have to take associate the asset (on which the policy is running) and associate it to retrieved GUID.

permanent link
Abhinav Ajmera (22113020) | answered Aug 31 '10, 5:19 a.m.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Aug 30 '10, 4:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Kevin Bauer (34621) | answered Aug 30 '10, 9:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are submitting the assets via your own client you can use the API to search for known attributes and relate the assets in your client.

WSDL and XSD would be relatedby xsd:import and/or xsd:include the XSD.

I agree with you (that on the Web UI, if you upload a WSD that imports an XSD, and that XSD exists in RAM, RAM will suggests (on the relationships tab) to add the imports as related assets).

But in my scenerio I am uploading WSDL (xsd is already in RAM with targetNamesapce indexed in form of attribute) thru excel batch upload (my own web application). So as this case I am not going to RAM GUI, I will not be getting any suggestions.

Also as we know that targetNamespace are unique, so is there any possibility that whenever we upload WSDL thru excel batch upload and/or any other way, it automatically fetch name and targetNamespace for imported xsd, search that xsd asset (with targetNamespace in "", now it will return unique result due to unique targetNamespace), and automatically relate it when submitted.

permanent link
Abhinav Ajmera (22113020) | answered Aug 30 '10, 1:13 a.m.
WSDL and XSD would be relatedby xsd:import and/or xsd:include the XSD.

I agree with you (that on the Web UI, if you upload a WSD that imports an XSD, and that XSD exists in RAM, RAM will suggests (on the relationships tab) to add the imports as related assets).

But in my scenerio I am uploading WSDL (xsd is already in RAM with targetNamesapce indexed in form of attribute) thru excel batch upload (my own web application). So as this case I am not going to RAM GUI, I will not be getting any suggestions.

Also as we know that targetNamespace are unique, so is there any possibility that whenever we upload WSDL thru excel batch upload and/or any other way, it automatically fetch name and targetNamespace for imported xsd, search that xsd asset (with targetNamespace in "", now it will return unique result due to unique targetNamespace), and automatically relate it when submitted.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Aug 27 '10, 4:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you be more specific on the use case?

When would the WSDL and XSD be related? is it because the WSDL sd:import the XSD?

Note that today, on the Web UI, if you upload a WSD that imports an XSD, and that XSD exists in RAM (and its type index the targetNamespace), RAM will suggests (on the relationships tab) to add the imports as related assets.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.