It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can't deliver to stream owned by the parent project area

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | asked Jul 28 '10, 11:48 a.m.
We imported a VOB from CC to RTC using CC connector's sync. stream and the resulted stream was owned by the project area.

Then the developers complained that they can check in the chnageset but can't deliver to the stream with permission error.

We then found out that this only happens to those who are not memeber of the project area even though they are member of their individual team area. If one is added to the project area, then the deliver failure is gone.

But we don't want to add all developers to the project area member list as there are many team areas and we want group the develipers based on the teams they are in.

So we then assigned the stream to be owned by the individual team area and it solved the deliver error.

Is this expected RTC behavior? As one would expect a stream owned by the project area should allow all child team area members to have access to it.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 28 '10, 1:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I think it works as designed. Please see http://jazz.net/library/article/291.
You can give delivery rights to everyone, I think, then everyone can deliver to the stream owned by the project because it is the default role.

I think you want to give areas with higher hierarchical order control and an ability to protect their code. How it works is actually that specific roles in that hierarchy level have the ability to accept changes done in lower hierarchical teams and merge and deliver them to their stream vs. relying on everybody else to deliver quality.

Just my thoughts,

Ralph

We imported a VOB from CC to RTC using CC connector's sync. stream and the resulted stream was owned by the project area.

Then the developers complained that they can check in the chnageset but can't deliver to the stream with permission error.

We then found out that this only happens to those who are not memeber of the project area even though they are member of their individual team area. If one is added to the project area, then the deliver failure is gone.

But we don't want to add all developers to the project area member list as there are many team areas and we want group the develipers based on the teams they are in.

So we then assigned the stream to be owned by the individual team area and it solved the deliver error.

Is this expected RTC behavior? As one would expect a stream owned by the project area should allow all child team area members to have access to it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.