It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

A question to import SourceCode to RTCp

Andreas Nicoladoni (19612523) | asked Jul 28 '10, 9:59 a.m.
retagged Jun 24 '12, 4:42 a.m. by Arne Bister (2.6k12832)
Hallo,

we have tested the last months with RTCp 2.0 to use it for our inhouse developement. Now we feel us ready to start development with RTCp and RDp. We have only one question.

In our project we have about 12000 sourcemembers which have to be imported for SCM from system-i to RTCp. What is best practice to do this?

We have one project with one team at the moment and our project looks like this:

And here i'm missing the possibility of an attachment.

In our TeamArtifacts under SourceControl we have 3 stream,
the component for this streams is always the same.

Thanks in advance for help

Andreas

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 28 '10, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Andreras,

I can't talk about importing into RDp. I'd assume there is a way to get the members into a RDp project.

Then you would have RTC installed in RDp.

Because of the mssing picture I don't know how many projects you have 8-).

To share a project in RTC (assuming that is part of your question) you would select the project in an Eclipse/RDp view such as project explorer. Then you would select in the context menu Team>Share Project.

In the wizard you'd select Jazz Source Control. In the wizard you'd create a repository workspace that flows against the stream you want and select the existing component to contain your project.

It is possible to organize projects in component e.g. having a logical partition of projects in components. We have seen performance impact if the number of components per stream grow into the thousands. For this reason the number of components per stream should be kept reasonably low. meaning as a max 1-2 hundred. The fewer the better.

Hope this helps to some extend,

Ralph
Hallo,

we have tested the last months with RTCp 2.0 to use it for our inhouse developement. Now we feel us ready to start development with RTCp and RDp. We have only one question.

In our project we have about 12000 sourcemembers which have to be imported for SCM from system-i to RTCp. What is best practice to do this?

We have one project with one team at the moment and our project looks like this:

And here i'm missing the possibility of an attachment.

In our TeamArtifacts under SourceControl we have 3 stream,
the component for this streams is always the same.

Thanks in advance for help

Andreas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.