It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item "Found In" Drop Down Not Appearing

Patrick Gorman (1143) | asked Jul 26 '10, 6:17 p.m.
Hi there,

I'm very new to Jazz, and I have been following the Creating Work Items tutorial from the help sections, and have run into a problem.

Step 2 in the tutorial says to enter or select values from a select number of fields. One of the fields included in the list is "Found In", however, this is not one of the fields in the Overview tab, and is a one that I am particularily interested in.

Is there an intermediate step that I must take before that field is available, or has something changed since the tutorial was created?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Patrick

3 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | answered Jul 26 '10, 11:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We need a bit more before helping, what version are you using, what work item type did you create (the type field should be shown in all cases), and what step in the tutorial did this happen in (a pointer would be nice)?

Some work item types don't have the "found in" attribute, so I'm almost sure this is your problem. Try creating another type of work item.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

permanent link
Walter Mansur (63613017) | answered Jul 27 '10, 9:10 a.m.
In order for items to appear in the "Found In" list you need to go to the Releases tab and add the Releases that you want to show up in the "Found In" field.

To do this, open up the project and click on the tab that is named "Releases". Items added here will show up in the "Found In" field of a Work Item.

This works for us and we are using RTC v2.0.0.2, iFix2.

-Walter

Hi there,

I'm very new to Jazz, and I have been following the Creating Work Items tutorial from the help sections, and have run into a problem.

Step 2 in the tutorial says to enter or select values from a select number of fields. One of the fields included in the list is "Found In", however, this is not one of the fields in the Overview tab, and is a one that I am particularily interested in.

Is there an intermediate step that I must take before that field is available, or has something changed since the tutorial was created?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Patrick

permanent link
Patrick Gorman (1143) | answered Aug 04 '10, 2:23 p.m.
Hi there,

Thanks guys. you were right, it was a problem with me creating the wrong type of work item. =S

Thanks for your help!
Patrick

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.