It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SSO Single Sign-on between jazz-Products

Noriyuki Egi (7411818) | asked Jul 21 '10, 4:45 a.m.
Hi,

How can we build single sign-on(sso) environment between RTC, Insight, and FocalPoint?
I think that if the authentication server like TAM(Tivoli Access Manager) is set up, it can be.

Does anyone know something about this, please let me know.

4 answers

permanent link
Manuel AlcarazGarcia -jazzDotNet- (2033) | answered Jul 28 '10, 1:52 p.m.
Thank you, Jorge.
Seems that we do not have a single TAM.

Will it be possible to use SSO with TAM with 2 instances? I mean, to configure one single WAS to get user authentication info from two TAMs, and then authenticate in Jazz, of course.
How would be this done in the WAS admin console?

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Jul 22 '10, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
TAM/WebSeal authentication works fine with Jazz based products.

Following Ritchie's post, we have deployed RTC 2.0.0.2 solution with TAM based authentication and SSO using LTPA at a customer enterprise environment.

Which kind of auth method is your WebSeal environment using? Briefly talking:

- Basic Auth: there's no special consideration for this. It's mainly a WAS and TAM configuration. Once integrated both, the web and the eclipse clients works well with TAM.

- Forms based auth: web UI works fine once TAM/WebSeal configured. For the eclipse client, the main concern comes from the headers eclipse expects to recognize it as a login form that have to be provided to it (from a WebSeal's custom auth form).

Note I'm talking about RTC 2.0.0.2 (and corresponding JTS version), and TAM v6.1

Regards,

Jorge.

permanent link
Ritchie Schacher - IBM (47611) | answered Jul 22 '10, 8:38 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a tech tip on jazz.net that describes how to configure to use WAS SSO support today: http://jazz.net/library/techtip/413.

We have seen customers successfully deploy using TAM for SSO as well. Documentation for this is (in the form of a tech tip) is forthcoming but not yet published.

Ritchie Schacher
Jazz Server Development

permanent link
Manuel AlcarazGarcia -jazzDotNet- (2033) | answered Jul 21 '10, 1:09 p.m.
Great. I am also interested, in SSO with RQM with WAS v7 and TAM. The SSO will be from TAM to RQM.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.