It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Loading root level files issue in Visual Studio Client

Sudharsan Gopal (9697) | asked Jul 21 '10, 4:43 a.m.
Our code base is with the following structure.

- Dir 1
- Dir 2
- file 1
- file 2

The 2 directories and the two files are in the root level. We are using the RTC plugin on VS 2008 edition. We are able to view the root level files(file 1 & file 2)within the "Repository File Explorer" view. But while loading this componenet, we are not able to see this. Eventually this root level files are NOT loaded into the local sandbox.

Is this a known issue? If so, are there any fixes available?

Many thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Dave Marsico (4511014) | answered Feb 04 '13, 2:27 p.m.
 I've also had a question from our user community regarding this behavior for Eclipse as well.   It basically seems that if you have "files" at the top level of your Component, you must "allow" it create a "root-level" folder for the Component for it to be loaded into....   Are there ways around this?  If not, could anyone from Jazz SCM team explain why this is required?  Thanks in advance! 

permanent link
Israel Lazar (4599) | answered Feb 26 '11, 4:29 p.m.
MY Customer structure is 3 level

1.Mod.Projects
2. Mod.Solution1 + SLN

3. .Net Projects..1

When i load this structure to Client sandbox,
RTC load only second level why?

permanent link
Sreerupa Sen (1.0k4) | answered Aug 02 '10, 12:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
When you load a component, you should check the 'Load selected components as root folders' option in the load wizard. This creates a root folder for each componnet you're loading, and this'll load your root level folders and files.
--Rupa

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.