It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rich edit capabilities in RTC?

Sanjib Dutta (112) | asked Jul 20 '10, 6:24 p.m.
Hi,
Is there a way to add rich edit capabilities in RTC ? I am looking for some light weight requirement definition capability in RTC. Is there any plan to add such feature in RTC so that for light weight requirement definition we do not need an extra tool?
Thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Cox (4261168) | answered Nov 15 '10, 5:57 p.m.
Speaking as a subscriber (not a member of the team) the Jazz/RTC teams are aware of the strong demand for this feature. You can follow it here:

http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=94072

permanent link
Scott Chapman (3216547) | answered Nov 15 '10, 3:00 p.m.
I agree, being able to have rich text for Description and such would be really helpful.

Hi Sanjib,

Are you talking about a Rich Text editor in the Eclipse UI (Rich Client) or Web UI? In RTC, we have both.

See the Work Item editor for an example of rich text editing capabilities in the Eclipse UI. I believe they may be using a common Eclipse feature - although, I am not 100% sure about that.

See the Headlines or HTML viewlet in Web UI Dashboards for an example of a rich text editing capabilities in the Web UI. The both use the Dojo Rich Text Editor. I believe somewhere in the RRC Web UI they use the CKEditor.

Mike

Mike,
Sorry for the late response! Actually I am looking for capability for creating/editing table, embedding images etc. like what we get in RRC requirement editor. My team is currently using lotus notes database for requirement definition. The editing capability in notes document is sufficient for our project and our team is very used to and comfortable with it for a long time. Implementing RTC will require two way integration between notes and RTC which, I think, is not possible. Again all the features of RRC is not required and is a overhead in terms of cost and time. So having above mentioned features within RTC will be nice for us.

permanent link
Sanjib Dutta (112) | answered Jul 27 '10, 1:18 p.m.
Hi Sanjib,

Are you talking about a Rich Text editor in the Eclipse UI (Rich Client) or Web UI? In RTC, we have both.

See the Work Item editor for an example of rich text editing capabilities in the Eclipse UI. I believe they may be using a common Eclipse feature - although, I am not 100% sure about that.

See the Headlines or HTML viewlet in Web UI Dashboards for an example of a rich text editing capabilities in the Web UI. The both use the Dojo Rich Text Editor. I believe somewhere in the RRC Web UI they use the CKEditor.

Mike

Mike,
Sorry for the late response! Actually I am looking for capability for creating/editing table, embedding images etc. like what we get in RRC requirement editor. My team is currently using lotus notes database for requirement definition. The editing capability in notes document is sufficient for our project and our team is very used to and comfortable with it for a long time. Implementing RTC will require two way integration between notes and RTC which, I think, is not possible. Again all the features of RRC is not required and is a overhead in terms of cost and time. So having above mentioned features within RTC will be nice for us.

permanent link
Mike Pawlowski (6861) | answered Jul 21 '10, 2:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sanjib,

Mike

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.