It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

References to obsolete roles in Process Configuration Source

Tim Mulligan (22633214) | asked Jul 20 '10, 3:27 p.m.
Not sure if this is a bug, but I was looking through the Process Configuration Source associated with a project that is based on the latest version of our standard process template and I see references to roles that no longer exist (in addition to the roles that do exist). For example, we have eliminated the following roles yet each still has a block within the team-configuration->permissions section.

team
permissions
role id="Product Owner"
role id="ScrumMaster"
role id="Stakeholder"
role id="Business Product Owner"
role id="Analyst"
role id="Architect"
role id="Administrator"
permissions

Thanks -Tim

One answer

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jul 20 '10, 4:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Tim,

You have stumbled across one of the instances where we do not validate the process specification. In the past, the Process team has discussed how such validation or clean up could work, but it is not scheduled for 3.0

The references to the non-existant roles do not harm your project (other than making the runtime look up a hair slower) and you could remove the blocks if you choose without causing any problems.

I have filed https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/122363 for this issue.

Martha
Jazz Developer Process Component

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.