It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Immigrationg from CMVC to RTC2.0

Xiangyu Hu (61) | asked Jul 19 '10, 2:29 a.m.
closed Mar 31 '22, 3:35 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
Hi guys
Our lab is about to immigrate from CMVC to RTC 2.0 which means we import all the defects into RTC. We could already do that with CMVC - RTC connector. Our concern is, could JMystic server pull ODC data out from RTC to generate ODC report/graph like what it does to CMVC?

I'm a new hire with IBM out of college so please let me know I doesn't make it clear.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated :D

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Mar 31 '22, 3:35 p.m.

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jul 19 '10, 10:41 a.m.
Hi guys
Our lab is about to immigrate from CMVC to RTC 2.0 which means we import all the defects into RTC. We could already do that with CMVC - RTC connector. Our concern is, could JMystic server pull ODC data out from RTC to generate ODC report/graph like what it does to CMVC?

I'm a new hire with IBM out of college so please let me know I doesn't make it clear.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated :D

Fortunately CMVC has been 'standardized' with ODC fields and classifications. RTC not so much and those RTC projects that have set it up are likely to deviate at least some. That said, just as with CMVC a means of accessing RTC will need to be devised to 1) connect to RTC 2) authenticate and 3) gather the ODC information. The first two are relatively simple, the 3rd not so much. CMVC has exposed its database design and provided a public method to access (Report command).

RTC gives the OSLC interface to its data (search OSLC on jazz.net) which could help querying, reporting with RTC.

I must also mention Insight, but that would be a fly killing cruise missle.

permanent link
Xiangyu Hu (61) | answered Jul 19 '10, 11:48 p.m.
Thanks yzwkzfn for that

Let me check out OSLC first