It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Details popup not displaying information

James Leone (13613513) | asked Jun 28 '10, 9:03 p.m.
Hello,

When using the web interface for RTC, I can navigate to the"Project Areas" screen that lists out all the projects configured on that server. When I roll over, a overlay AJAZ dialog appears. It seems like it should be showing me the Project description and other details, but it doesn't.

It says: "Log in to <server> to view this content." Where <server> is the hostname of the server that I am logged into (that is why I can see the Project Areas page).

I click the links, get a seperate browser window, log in again, and then the roll over dialogs work.

Why do I have to log in twice to get the details?

I am logging in with the same exact username/password both times. I don't have a "signed certificate" configured for this machine. Could that be the issue?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 29 '10, 1:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Glad you got it woking.

Ralph

permanent link
James Leone (13613513) | answered Jun 29 '10, 12:50 p.m.
Your hypothesis was right on the money. When I accessed the site using the absolute domain name (not just the alias) I did not have to log in a second time to see contents in the popup.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 29 '10, 8:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I use this on a local machine without signed cerificate and it works.
A few things I can think of:

Maybe the first login host and the Public URI Root and/or the host name in the advanced server properties are different? The Cookies need to be enabled for the session for this host and if the first login goes to a different host you would have to log in twice because the hostnames would not map.

I could think about a situation like this: the first login goes to the host without full domain name e.g jazz-server instead of jazz-server.example.com. The second dialog has a generated URI e.g. https://jazz-server.example.com:9443:/jazz/web....

Different host names and therefore another login is required. The situation could as well be the other way round.

Just a possibility,

Ralph

Hello,

When using the web interface for RTC, I can navigate to the"Project Areas" screen that lists out all the projects configured on that server. When I roll over, a overlay AJAZ dialog appears. It seems like it should be showing me the Project description and other details, but it doesn't.

It says: "Log in to <server> to view this content." Where <server> is the hostname of the server that I am logged into (that is why I can see the Project Areas page).

I click the links, get a seperate browser window, log in again, and then the roll over dialogs work.

Why do I have to log in twice to get the details?

I am logging in with the same exact username/password both times. I don't have a "signed certificate" configured for this machine. Could that be the issue?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.