It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User prompt from web ui during operation participant

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Jun 27 '10, 11:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Scenario is this. Validation task is created to verify some artifact (could be code, a test plan, design, etc). The artifact fails validation and the work item task is moved to a 'failed' state. An extension is being written to automatically create a defect for the failure based on the contents of the validation task. Some times the task is marked at failed incorrectly. Therefore, the team wants to prompt the user to confirm it is really a failure and confirm that a defect should be generated. I have found know way to offer a prompt from the web UI during a precondition or follow up action...whether a pop up window, message displayed on the web page, advisor, etc. I'm looking for ideas and would appreciate some suggestions.

Note, I don't believe the prompt is the way to go, even if possible, however, the team insists it is needed. I have made several suggestions that would avoid the need but have not convinced anyone.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Nate Decker (37814161) | answered May 22 '15, 4:17 p.m.
Tim, I am really interested in this as well. Did you ever get an answer to this?

Comments
Tim Feeney commented May 26 '15, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

unfortunately, no

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.