It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Newly created asset through API not locateable by GUID

Stephen Schmidt (1142) | asked Jun 21 '10, 2:17 p.m.
I am using the RAM api to programatically create assets for our application. The asset create and the session.put work fine, I am returned the GUID but a subsequent asset find by GUID then fails. Is there some sort of server side cacheing or indexing that presents a delay between the time that the asset is created and the time it is locatable by its GUID. If so is there a way I can force a refresh of some sort ?? I am quite sure that the asset is created because if I login to ram . I can then find the asset through the native UI without any problem.

2 answers

permanent link
Stephen Schmidt (1142) | answered Jun 22 '10, 1:00 p.m.
Kevin, Great tip !!! worked like a champ. I was passing in the value of "*" as the version identifier, but by changing that to the explicit version (which my application controls), the get asset call did locate the proper asset. Thank you.

permanent link
Kevin Bauer (34621) | answered Jun 21 '10, 3:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a server side index that is create and can take over a minute to restart the index. However if you do a session.getAsset(AssetId) where the asset id has a guid and a version if should go to the database and not the search index. If you just pass the GUID or do a search you will have to wait for the indexer to kick in.

I am using the RAM api to programatically create assets for our application. The asset create and the session.put work fine, I am returned the GUID but a subsequent asset find by GUID then fails. Is there some sort of server side cacheing or indexing that presents a delay between the time that the asset is created and the time it is locatable by its GUID. If so is there a way I can force a refresh of some sort ?? I am quite sure that the asset is created because if I login to ram . I can then find the asset through the native UI without any problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.