It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC server install missing process templates

Geoff Alexander (19623948) | asked Jun 11 '10, 7:45 p.m.
I recently installed the RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 3 Enterprise Edition server on my Windows XP system. When I connect to it, don't see any process templates in the Process Templates view. When I connect to an RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 2 server that I installed on Windows Server 2008 x64 system a few weeks ago, I see five process templates: Cloudburst Sample Process, OpenUP Process, Scrum, Scrum (deprecated), and Simple Team Process. I even tried a server reinstall, but the process templates still don't show up.

Can tell me what I've might have done wrong? How can I get the missing process templates?

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 14 '10, 8:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I recently installed the RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 3 Enterprise Edition server on my Windows XP system. When I connect to it, don't see any process templates in the Process Templates view. When I connect to an RTC 2.0.0.2 iFix 2 server that I installed on Windows Server 2008 x64 system a few weeks ago, I see five process templates: Cloudburst Sample Process, OpenUP Process, Scrum, Scrum (deprecated), and Simple Team Process. I even tried a server reinstall, but the process templates still don't show up.

Can tell me what I've might have done wrong? How can I get the missing process templates?

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander

Hi Geoff

When you try and create a new project - do you also not see any process templates, and you get the message to Deploy Process Templates? Once you have deployed the templates from the new project, cancel creating a project and see if they appear in the Process Templates View now.

anthony

permanent link
Sridevi Sangaiah (59179) | answered Jun 14 '10, 8:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks,
Geoff Alexander

Hi Geoff

When you try and create a new project - do you also not see any process templates, and you get the message to Deploy Process Templates? Once you have deployed the templates from the new project, cancel creating a project and see if they appear in the Process Templates View now.

anthony

Hi,

Pre-defined process templates can also be deployed from Process Templates Management page in web UI by logging in as ADMIN user.

Thanks,
Sridevi
Jazz Process Team

permanent link
Geoff Alexander (19623948) | answered Jun 14 '10, 8:47 a.m.
Anthony,

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion worked like a charm.

Geoff Alexander

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jun 14 '10, 10:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Anthony,

Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion worked like a charm.

Geoff Alexander

No problem - that was the "trick" way - and Sridevi added the correct way of doing this :-)

anthony

permanent link
lexica filozima (6) | answered Oct 22 '10, 1:01 a.m.
Is this correct way :D

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.