It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hiding collaboration activities from non-collaborators

Hugh Cushing (2131) | asked Jun 08 '10, 4:23 p.m.
A client wants to have collaborators be able to collaborate on assets without exposing their comments to users who aren't collaborators or lifecycle managers. Currently collaboration activities (e.g. comments) are visible to anyone who has read access to the asset. It might solve their needs if there were a system or community option to prevent collaboration details being read by non-collaborators. The devil is in the details though...what if the sets of collaborators differ per state--e.g. should those who are collaborators only in state A be able to read comments once the asset leaves state A, merely by virtue of their having participated before?

Thoughts?

(Note that for this client, the "do not apply community permissions to assets in this state" option is insufficient, because they want the collaboration activity to be invisible to non-collaborators forever.)

4 answers

permanent link
Hugh Cushing (2131) | answered Jun 23 '10, 5:49 p.m.
Sorry Gili, I missed that you had replied. I will follow up with the customer to get some examples.

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Jun 11 '10, 4:13 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am going to continue this discussion here (vs. the workitem) ... to solicit more feedback:

The need to "hide" collaboration ... do you see this more of a general community thing (e.g, a Role can be set with the capability to see collaboration - if you are not a collaborator), or a per lifestyle thing (like a state ... is discussion is available to non collaborators in that state) ?

Can you give me examples that will support the need?

permanent link
Hugh Cushing (2131) | answered Jun 11 '10, 9:49 a.m.
I submitted the following enhancement to request this:

http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Asset%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=34140

permanent link
Kevin Bauer (34621) | answered Jun 10 '10, 1:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Unfortunately we do not have a concept like this in RAM. It sounds like a good feature, but it would not be trivial to implement.

If you would like to enter a request for a future enhancement it could be done so here...

http://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Asset%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.