It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to make new linktypes visible in RTc client?

Shlomit Shachor (361210) | asked Jun 07 '10, 12:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I added new linktypes plugin. It works ok in the Web UI (i.e I can add these new link types).

The new linktypes are not visible in the eclipse client unless i add the plugin jar into the eclipse RTC client plugin. Is there a way to avoid this and still have RTc client recognize the ew linktypes?

Thanks

Comments
Jamie Berry commented Aug 15 '12, 10:54 a.m.

Shlomit,

I am trying to build a new linktype and have followed the instructions in Eduardo Bello's developerworks blog but I can't get it to show up on the Web UI at the moment (I haven't even tried for the Eclipse side yet). Was there anything special beyond developing the plugin, installing the site and provision profile on the server and restarting the server that needed to be done? I have sent a message off to Eduardo asking for assistance, but since you say here you were able to do this (although it was 2 years ago) I thought I would check with you.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Andre Weinand (4811) | answered Jun 17 '10, 4:53 a.m.
On 2010-06-07 18:38:00 +0200, shlomiti said:

I added new linktypes plugin. It works ok in the Web UI (i.e I can add
these new link types).

The new linktypes are not visible in the eclipse client unless i add
the plugin jar into the eclipse RTC client plugin. Is there a way to
avoid this and still have RTc client recognize the ew linktypes?

Thanks

This is a well known limitation:
Please see:
Extensible linking story (94080)

Regards,
-- andre weinand
Jazz Work Item Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.