It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Hours Worked/Progress Field in Story Work Item

Paul Wellman (71119) | asked May 31 '10, 11:48 a.m.
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to add the Hours Worked or Hours Remaining field into the Story Work Item Type. I have experience in adding new fields to Work Items via the Process Configuration window.

I would like to be able update the hours worked on stories directly in the Story Work Item, without having to created Children Tasks.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul Wellman

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 31 '10, 1:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Paul,

I think if you make the story work item type "Not" a top level work item type you will get that.

There are other caveats with this approach though. E.g. it will be filtered as execution item.

Ralph

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to add the Hours Worked or Hours Remaining field into the Story Work Item Type. I have experience in adding new fields to Work Items via the Process Configuration window.

I would like to be able update the hours worked on stories directly in the Story Work Item, without having to created Children Tasks.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Paul Wellman

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.