It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM Batch update task

Dana Gantt (642) | asked May 20 '10, 10:58 a.m.
Where is the Batch update task documented for migrating asset data from one repository server to another? The online documentation refers to a migration task in but then delves into extending it instead of using for migration of assets.

I need a process to move assets or groups of assets and their associated life cycle data from one repository to another. We assumed libraries were the way to do this with the import and export but the life cycle and audit data do not make the trip. In this forum, I have seen references to database and disk storage copies to facilitate replication between servers but our RAM administrators do not have data base or disk mount access on the web servers. We assumed there would be utilities to do so and that there would be some granularity of access.

All assistance and clarification is greatly appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Bauer (34621) | answered May 21 '10, 9:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The batch client does not bring over metric or lifecycle data when moving assets between servers. It just brings the assets over. You would need to do a database restore to maintain the metric info.

Where is the Batch update task documented for migrating asset data from one repository server to another? The online documentation refers to a migration task in but then delves into extending it instead of using for migration of assets.

I need a process to move assets or groups of assets and their associated life cycle data from one repository to another. We assumed libraries were the way to do this with the import and export but the life cycle and audit data do not make the trip. In this forum, I have seen references to database and disk storage copies to facilitate replication between servers but our RAM administrators do not have data base or disk mount access on the web servers. We assumed there would be utilities to do so and that there would be some granularity of access.

All assistance and clarification is greatly appreciated.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.