It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source control and .emx files

Marco Bormann (1611910) | asked May 18 '10, 11:51 a.m.
I am running RTC on RSA and when I tried to use Jazz source control on a Model-project, RTC refused to do this. Is there any way to work around that?

11 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 19 '10, 1:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Marco,

not sure what it means, but there is a section for Model Enablement in Window>Preferences>Team and >Team>JazzSource control.

However, It worked for me so is there any information that you could find in the .log files?

Ralph

I agree with Ralph - more like a connection problem. Is your server local, or remote? If it is local - check it really is running. If it is remote - check it is still up. Next - try the metronome in the RTC client to check the network connection - you may need to adjust the network timeout on the repo connection.

regards

anthony

Thanks for the hint. I am averaging 14ms, on local, so it's supposed to be quite good. And the largest part of my stuff is correctly uploaded. It took a plugin project as a whole and just refused one .epx file (once again a Model thing).

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered May 19 '10, 12:41 p.m.

I agree with Ralph - more like a connection problem. Is your server local, or remote? If it is local - check it really is running. If it is remote - check it is still up. Next - try the metronome in the RTC client to check the network connection - you may need to adjust the network timeout on the repo connection.

regards

anthony

Thanks for the hint. I am averaging 14ms, on local, so it's supposed to be quite good. And the largest part of my stuff is correctly uploaded. It took a plugin project as a whole and just refused one .epx file (once again a Model thing).

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered May 19 '10, 12:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Marco,

the 400 does not look like a normal behavior.

I don't think that is related to what you did. That looks more like a connection problem.

Ralph

That's what I thought it was, at least: But then there is the next error:
Error during upload
Failed to upload File /Jazz/RTC.emx
CRJAZ1247I The request to the server failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text "Bad Request".

The file structure is quite simple, just the project folder and one .emx file in it.

In fact I do have two .emx files now for testing and the small one gets uploaded very easily.

If I create a new project and copy the both models to it, I even get the problem for both of them

regards

anthony

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 19 '10, 6:24 a.m.
Marco,

the 400 does not look like a normal behavior.

I don't think that is related to what you did. That looks more like a connection problem.

Ralph

Error during upload
CRJAZ1247I The request to the server failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text "Bad Request".

The file structure is quite simple, just the project folder and one .emx file in it.

In fact I do have two .emx files now for testing and the small one gets uploaded very easily.

If I create a new project and copy the both models to it, I even get the problem for both of them

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered May 19 '10, 5:33 a.m.
Error during upload

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 19 '10, 4:56 a.m.
Marco,

glad you found it!

Ralph

Thanks a lot, I found the solution. You kind of forced me to take the error message seriously and in fact the project-files was not located in the workspace but simply imported. Changing that resolved the problem.

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered May 19 '10, 4:49 a.m.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 19 '10, 4:45 a.m.
Marco,

exactly when does that happen?

How does the structure of your project look like on disk? Is the model broken up into pieces?

Can you just create a simple modeling project with just one simple model in it in your workspace and try to share that. You could share into a repository workspace if you don't want to deliver to a stream.

Ralph

Thanks a lot for your answer:
The error Message is: Internal Error / Cannot nest CFAs

Marco

Could you expand a bit on "refused to do that"?
For example, what operation did you perform, and what error message did
you get?

Cheers,
Geoff

On 5/18/2010 11:53 AM, MarcoB wrote:
I am running RTC on RSA and when I tried to use Jazz source control on
a Model-project, RTC refused to do this. Is there any way to work
around that?

permanent link
Marco Bormann (1611910) | answered May 19 '10, 4:35 a.m.
Thanks a lot for your answer:
The error Message is: Internal Error / Cannot nest CFAs

@Ralph: I did choose the project to be shared and verified that .emx files are not on the ignore list.

Marco

Could you expand a bit on "refused to do that"?
For example, what operation did you perform, and what error message did
you get?

Cheers,
Geoff

On 5/18/2010 11:53 AM, MarcoB wrote:
I am running RTC on RSA and when I tried to use Jazz source control on
a Model-project, RTC refused to do this. Is there any way to work
around that?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 19 '10, 12:38 a.m.
Hi Marco,

versioning model projects and .emx files definitely works - just tried that with 2.0.0.2.

You need to share the project, select Jazz SCM etc (being connected to a Team Area) and it will version the files including .emx.
Of course you can't just click on the .emx to share just that. You share the project first. And make sure .emx is not accidentally on the .jazzignore list.

Please provide more info on versions, what you did and what the messages where you got so that we can help.

Ralph

I am running RTC on RSA and when I tried to use Jazz source control on a Model-project, RTC refused to do this. Is there any way to work around that?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.