It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM i zip file corrupt

Pete Helgren (11) | asked May 14 '10, 4:48 p.m.
I have attempted to download and extract the installer for IBM i. I have down so 4 times over 2 days and I still get a message that the archive is corrupt and can't be opened. The file I am having trouble with is RTCpower-Standard-Full-2.0.0.2iFix1-IBMi.zip

Could someone else check it and see if it is corrupt? I'd like to install the IBM i version but even though I can open the other archives on the site, this one can't be opened.

Thanks,

Pete

11 answers

permanent link
Jim Pleace (6) | answered Aug 17 '10, 1:00 p.m.
We're aware that downloads do not always complete on all attempts, and occasionally people experience what you are describing. We continue to investigate but cannot find any patterns or evident problems with our download mechanism. Sorry for the difficulty.

We did put together a "download tips" page that most people find helps significantly, especially the use of download managers:

https://jazz.net/downloads/help.jsp

You can find a link to this page on every download page (on the left side under Related Resources) and in the blue box that displays after you initiate a download.

I hope this helps!

This does not inspire confidence in the product-I was going to take it for a test drive but my downloads are all corrupt. I'm not going to jump through a bunch of hoops to try another method-I'll just find another product

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.