It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM i zip file corrupt

Pete Helgren (11) | asked May 14 '10, 4:48 p.m.
I have attempted to download and extract the installer for IBM i. I have down so 4 times over 2 days and I still get a message that the archive is corrupt and can't be opened. The file I am having trouble with is RTCpower-Standard-Full-2.0.0.2iFix1-IBMi.zip

Could someone else check it and see if it is corrupt? I'd like to install the IBM i version but even though I can open the other archives on the site, this one can't be opened.

Thanks,

Pete

11 answers

permanent link
Victor Campbell (3502618) | answered May 17 '10, 1:13 p.m.
I've had to download zip files up to 6 times before I would get one that worked. All 6 downloads had a different byte count. I seldom would get a usable one on the first try.

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered May 19 '10, 9:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We're aware that downloads do not always complete on all attempts, and occasionally people experience what you are describing. We continue to investigate but cannot find any patterns or evident problems with our download mechanism. Sorry for the difficulty.

We did put together a "download tips" page that most people find helps significantly, especially the use of download managers:

https://jazz.net/downloads/help.jsp

You can find a link to this page on every download page (on the left side under Related Resources) and in the blue box that displays after you initiate a download.

I hope this helps!

permanent link
Pete Helgren (11) | answered May 20 '10, 12:28 p.m.
Seth,

Have you tried downloading the zip? Or, has anyone recently? I just want to make sure that the file really isn't corrupt. I have tried three machines, three different download managers and 6 attempts, still no joy. And, ALL the other RTC files have downloaded just fine. They all open. But the IBM i version doesn't. That *seems* to point to a file issue since I haven't had issues with the other zips.

Pete

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered May 20 '10, 1:59 p.m.
Pete,

Doh! Indeed, I just got a corrupt zip file too for the RTCpower-Standard-Full-2.0.0.2iFix1-IBMi.zip.

Sorry about that. I will get with the power team and make sure it gets replaced.

permanent link
Kushal Munir (126103) | answered May 20 '10, 3:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi folks,

I'm wondering what the size of your zip file is after downloading. If I right click and select Properties, I have the following info:

Size: 318 MB (334,132,944 bytes)
Size on disk: 318 MB (334,135,296 bytes)

I used firefox to download and didn't use a download manager. The file seems to have unzipped ok.

Thanks,
Kushal

Pete,

Doh! Indeed, I just got a corrupt zip file too for the RTCpower-Standard-Full-2.0.0.2iFix1-IBMi.zip.

Sorry about that. I will get with the power team and make sure it gets replaced.

permanent link
tina tang (26) | answered May 20 '10, 4:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Did you use WinZip to unzip the file? Could you try WinRAR or 7 Zip?

Tina

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered May 20 '10, 4:30 p.m.
Hi Tina,

I just confirmed that I can open the zip file with 7 Zip (I see two .savf files). We need you to provide a zip file that is more friendly to more archive tools, like WinZip. Or, less preferable, we need you to document it clearly on the All Downloads table. I'd much prefer a zip file that can be opened by any archive tool. Thanks!

permanent link
Pete Helgren (11) | answered May 20 '10, 6:00 p.m.
Seth,

That's it! I could open it with 7-zip as well. I didn't think to try 7-zip since the other files could be opened with Winzip.

Problem Solved! Thanks!

permanent link
tina tang (26) | answered May 21 '10, 4:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I uploaded new IBMi zips which were zipped using WinRAR. We tried them with WinZip, WinRar and 7Zip and they all worked.

Tina

permanent link
Alex Krenvalk (11) | answered Jul 16 '10, 1:52 p.m.
Several days ago I downloaded some zip files with movie inside. But I couldn't open its. Reason of to my mind all of them was corrupted. Luckily my friend advised me - zip file corrupt. It solved my issues for seconds and without payment as far as I remembered.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.