It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Ant tasks for source and task management

alex hutter (1111) | asked May 12 '10, 1:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am experimenting with implementing a build process that makes changes to code and delivers code into another stream. Similar to how its described here http://jazz.net/library/article/195/.

However, in our system we have a rule that says all deliveries must have a related work item. I would therefore like to be able to associate a change set with a work item before delivery.

Further to that, I would like use something a little more flexible and robust than calling the command line form ant.

I am considering writing some custom ant tasks that utilise the RTC Java SDK, as this seems to have direct methods for these processes.

So what I am interested to know is if there is any development plans to extend the set of ant tasks available to RTC Build Engine to include methods to create change sets and deliver them, and to associate a work item with a change set.

Knowing if / when this may be done will influence my decision to attempt to implement these tasks myself.

thanks in advance for your help.

One answer

permanent link
Michele Pegoraro (1.8k14118103) | answered May 21 '10, 5:02 p.m.
I'm interested in this solution too.

I've made some test to create this kind of task but I've had some problem with check-in operation.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.