It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Restrict possible values of OwnedBy based on TeamArea/Catego

Lara Ziosi (33811112) | asked May 11 '10, 7:52 a.m.
Hello,

I am trying to model the situation where Contributors have particular "Skills" that allow them to be owners of WIs assigned to determined Category/SubCategory hierarchies.

Q1: I did not find a way to extend Contributor with additional properties.
Is it possible?

I have associated WI Categories\SubCategories to Team Areas and subteams.

When I assign the Owner of a WI that is already filed against a Category/Subcategory, I only get a warning if the Owner does not belong to a Team Area associated with that Category.

Q2: Is there a way to make that warning become an error or even better, to restrict the list of suitable Owners?

Thank you and regards, Lara

One answer

permanent link
Lara Ziosi (33811112) | answered May 11 '10, 2:45 p.m.
Hello,

I am trying to model the situation where Contributors have particular "Skills" that allow them to be owners of WIs assigned to determined Category/SubCategory hierarchies.

Q1: I did not find a way to extend Contributor with additional properties.
Is it possible?

I have associated WI Categories\SubCategories to Team Areas and subteams.

When I assign the Owner of a WI that is already filed against a Category/Subcategory, I only get a warning if the Owner does not belong to a Team Area associated with that Category.

Q2: Is there a way to make that warning become an error or even better, to restrict the list of suitable Owners?

Thank you and regards, Lara

I have found this which seems to be exactly what I am looking for:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_defining_categories.html

but even if I uncheck all checkboxes and restart the server, I am still able to set as Owner a Contributor that is not part of a team assigned to the WI Category. What exactly is meant with visibility in this context?

Thank you, Lara

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.