It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RAM Server - Part 4 pb with RTC under Tomcat

m sawires (1462268) | asked May 09 '10, 9:25 a.m.
Hello,
I'm installing RAM server but when I'm at part 4 "Configure Lifecycle management settings", after specifying a url for RTC with user/pasword I get the following error:
The login was successful, but the user admin is not a member of JazzAdmins role and is not authorized to perform any actions. You may need to complete the Users and Authentication step. 

I've created an new user/pwd (admin/admin) with JazzAdmins role but it doesn't work. Does anyone know why? If I start RTC from an OSGI conf it works. Why creating a user/pwd (admin/admin) in Tomcat with JazzAdmins doesn't work for RAM? One has to use the same admin user as RAM server which is admin/admin.
Is there a way to create a new RAM server user admin?
Thank you for helping me complete the RAM server install for testing.

4 answers

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered Oct 13 '10, 11:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think you have posted twice on this ivananca,

> http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12766

i have responded to your other post.

permanent link
Anca Ivan (611) | answered Sep 20 '10, 5:34 p.m.
I am installing RAM 7.2, with the embedded WAS and RTC. In step 4, I cannot configure RTC because:

"The Rational Team Concert is not configured correctly. The user user@company.com is registered on the Team Concert server but does not have a Developer License."

WAS and RTC are both configured to use LDAP. In RTC, the user exists (imported from LDAP) and I can login just fine. However, if I try to assign a CAL to the user, the "save" fails and the following error shows up:

"User details are read-only because this server uses an external user registry".

What should I do?

Thank you.
--Anca

permanent link
m sawires (1462268) | answered May 09 '10, 5:01 p.m.
Thanks for the explanation. That works fine now.

permanent link
Rajasimhan Mandayam (3811144) | answered May 09 '10, 4:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
I'm installing RAM server but when I'm at part 4 "Configure Lifecycle management settings", after specifying a url for RTC with user/pasword I get the following error:
The login was successful, but the user admin is not a member of JazzAdmins role and is not authorized to perform any actions. You may need to complete the Users and Authentication step. 

I've created an new user/pwd (admin/admin) with JazzAdmins role but it doesn't work. Does anyone know why? If I start RTC from an OSGI conf it works. Why creating a user/pwd (admin/admin) in Tomcat with JazzAdmins doesn't work for RAM? One has to use the same admin user as RAM server which is admin/admin.
Is there a way to create a new RAM server user admin?
Thank you for helping me complete the RAM server install for testing.

From the descriptions, I see, you are installing RAM 7.2X on Websphere
Let me describe the process,

RAM Server setup installs RAM on Websphere.

While installing RAM it also installs an underlying internal RTC server on the Websphere environment.

RAM uses the internal RTC server for lifecycle management.

In RAM 7.2X, RAM can only talk to the internal RTC server we install,
You cannot point to an external RTC, which is what you are doing (it is not supported in RAM 7.2XX)

As far as the error you see,

You need to provide the path to the RTC server (that is installed by RAM server setup, the URL most likely is the 'Suggested/Example value'.

The user & password has to be the same credentials you used to login to server setup (i.e your WAS primary administrator)

Try that and see if it works

a)If not , please specify the exact versions of RAM, Websphere & your database.

b)To be noted you must be on at least WAS 6.1.0.23 or higher or WAS 7.0.0.5 or higher (RAM 7201 onwards supports WAS 7). When applying a WAS fixpack you need to apply both appserver & sdk fixpacks.

c)If you are unable to configure the internal RTC server, try accessing it in a browser, ie. http://localhost:944X/jazz/admin. Login with the WAS admin and check its status.

d) You can also open your app server\profiles\profile\logs\jazz.log to see if you have any errors

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.