It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Minimum package for SCM command line

Mike Mallo (2676) | asked Feb 22 '08, 3:11 p.m.
We have a few vi developers on linux that we want to begin using jazz. I see the entry out on https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/SCMCommandLineTutorial and found the SCM commandline package with the team concert client. Does anyone know what if there is a smaller install package that includes just the SCM command line install for folks wanting to do vi programming on linux?

2 answers

permanent link
Mike Mallo (2676) | answered Feb 25 '08, 12:37 p.m.
Thanks for the response E. I'll put in the enhancement request. We did some early testing with the SCM CLI for developer use, and saw a lot of unhanded exceptions coming to the screen when the right arguments weren't entered, so its got a little way to go for a day to day developer tool from what I can see.

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Feb 22 '08, 5:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mike,

I'm the principle developer working on the Jazz CLI.

At the moment we don't have any plans for packaging the CLI separately from Team Concert. If you'd like to see it in its own tarball, create an enhancement request and we can make the decision there.

Please pass along any comments about the CLI that you may have. It's design as an integretion tool right now, but I'd like it to be usable for day-to-day development as well.

e

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.