It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot log into web RTC on my Mac

Sarah Lachance (11) | asked Apr 30 '10, 2:09 p.m.
Hi all,

I've tried to access two separate RTC projects on my Mac and am not able to connect to one of the projects. It fails before I am presented with the authentication prompt.

Here's the error message in the browser.

Could not init workbench. Error fetching initialization data: Your account does not belong to the groups that are authorized to access the Web UI. Please contact your server administrator.

In the full client, it just never connects.

I do see this message in the log when trying to connect to either project via the desktop client:

4/30/10 1:57:00 PM .com.ibm.teamconcert !MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

Any ideas on what to do to troubleshoot? The two projects are on different servers w/different port configurations. Let me also add that I am able to successfully connect to both projects from my PC.

Thanks,
Sarah

7 answers

permanent link
Jan Krchnak (3121) | answered Aug 24 '10, 2:19 a.m.
Hi.
Although I'm not Sarah, I've came over a similar issue. Right after the jazz server restart, it won't let me in, displaying the exactly same message on web access. I also cannot log in via eclipse.
The error log states that:

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui 4 0 2010-08-24 07:02:36.543

!MESSAGE Error logged from Process RCP UI:
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ServiceNotAvailableException: CRJAZ0106I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService" was denied with a Not Available status.
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:358)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeCancelableHttpMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:561)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokePost(RemoteTeamService.java:531)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:471)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:201)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at $Proxy1.describe(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor10.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:149)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1382)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1169)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1162)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1375)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:570)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.LoginAction$1.run(LoginAction.java:89)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Both DB and server service appear to run normally on the server.
Any advice please?

OK, solved. The problem was in locked tmp file, that caused the service to fail to start. Checking the server's log more cautiously for root cause and deleting the tmp file helped.

permanent link
Jan Krchnak (3121) | answered Aug 24 '10, 1:07 a.m.
Hi.
Although I'm not Sarah, I've came over a similar issue. Right after the jazz server restart, it won't let me in, displaying the exactly same message on web access. I also cannot log in via eclipse.
The error log states that:

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.process.rcp.ui 4 0 2010-08-24 07:02:36.543

!MESSAGE Error logged from Process RCP UI:
!STACK 0
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.ServiceNotAvailableException: CRJAZ0106I The request for URL "/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService" was denied with a Not Available status.
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.executeHttpMethod(ClientHttpUtil.java:358)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeCancelableHttpMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:561)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokePost(RemoteTeamService.java:531)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:471)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:201)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor10.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:149)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1382)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1169)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1162)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1375)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:570)
at com.ibm.team.process.internal.rcp.ui.LoginAction$1.run(LoginAction.java:89)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Both DB and server service appear to run normally on the server.
Any advice please?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 03 '10, 12:28 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Sarah,

please open the folder representing your Eclipse workspace. There should be a .metadata folder inside that holds things such as logs.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph - can you confirm where I find my metadata directory? A quick look through RTC preferences doesn't reveal the location (I know I set it at initial launch).

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

You could look into the .metadata directory of your eclipse workspace for logs. However I would have at least expected a timeout after some point in time.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph - I am able to get to both sites from my PC - have not tried on PC with the full client.

I'll check with my admin re:JazzGuests, but my thought is that since I can get in via PC it's more related to the client or the VPN that I'm behind.

Is there any tracing or logging I can enable to provide more info?

Sarah

permanent link
Sarah Lachance (11) | answered May 03 '10, 11:57 a.m.
Thanks Ralph - can you confirm where I find my metadata directory? A quick look through RTC preferences doesn't reveal the location (I know I set it at initial launch).

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

You could look into the .metadata directory of your eclipse workspace for logs. However I would have at least expected a timeout after some point in time.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph - I am able to get to both sites from my PC - have not tried on PC with the full client.

I'll check with my admin re:JazzGuests, but my thought is that since I can get in via PC it's more related to the client or the VPN that I'm behind.

Sarah

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 03 '10, 11:36 a.m.
Hi Sarah,

Ralph

Sarah

permanent link
Sarah Lachance (11) | answered May 03 '10, 11:18 a.m.

Sarah

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 03 '10, 4:20 a.m.
Sarah,

can you be more specific?

The question is basically is this an issue with the server setup or a technical issue/restriction on MAC. I suspect it is the setup.

Where you ever able to access it? Does it work from Windows, does it work from you machine using a different user?

The Message below seems to indicate the user you are using to try is not even in the JazzGuests group. A user does not necessary require a license to access RTC but must at least be in one of the Jazz groups.

I was told a lot of our developers use MAC so I assume it should typically work, even if it is not yet officially supported.

Ralph

Hi all,

I've tried to access two separate RTC projects on my Mac and am not able to connect to one of the projects. It fails before I am presented with the authentication prompt.

Here's the error message in the browser.

Could not init workbench. Error fetching initialization data: Your account does not belong to the groups that are authorized to access the Web UI. Please contact your server administrator.

In the full client, it just never connects.

I do see this message in the log when trying to connect to either project via the desktop client:

4/30/10 1:57:00 PM .com.ibm.teamconcert !MESSAGE System property http.nonProxyHosts has been set to local|*.local|169.254/16|*.169.254/16 by an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from the preferences

Any ideas on what to do to troubleshoot? The two projects are on different servers w/different port configurations. Let me also add that I am able to successfully connect to both projects from my PC.

Thanks,
Sarah

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.