It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

link between execution result in rqm and defect in rtc

Alberto Ceravolo (1698) | asked Apr 12 '10, 8:08 a.m.
Hi, we have created a "link" between two projects, one in RQM and one other in RTC by C/ALM. When we create a defect in RQM we can see it in RTC. When we associate a defect to an execution result in rqm we can see the link in rtc. Now we want to obtain that link programmatically. Any ideas? Thank you.

3 answers

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Apr 13 '10, 6:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, we have created a "link" between two projects, one in
RQM and one other in RTC by C/ALM. When we create a defect in RQM we
can see it in RTC. When we associate a defect to an execution result
in rqm we can see the link in rtc. Now we want to obtain that link
programmatically. Any ideas? Thank you.

The link can be retrieved using the regular work item API for links
(pseudo-code below):

affectsExecutionResult=
ILinkTypeRegistry.INSTANCE.getLinkType(WorkItemLinkTypes.AFFECTS_EXECUTION_RESULT).getTargetEndPointDescriptor()

allReferences= workItemCommon.resolveWorkItemReferences(workItemHandle,
monitor)

references= allReferences.getReferences(affectsExecutionResult);

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

permanent link
Alberto Ceravolo (1698) | answered Apr 14 '10, 4:09 a.m.
Thank you Patrick. Now I have two additional questions:

1) I need to compare IDs of Execution Results in RQM and in RTC. Now I have the IReference object; by method createUri() I can obtain the uri to the Execution Result; but it's different from the URI in rqm. In RQM I have this:
"https://server_name:9443/jazz/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Project_Name/executionresult/urn:com.ibm.rqm:executionresult:150";
instead method createUri() return this:
"https://server_name:9443/jazz/resource/itemOid/com.ibm.rqm.execution.ExecutionResult/_2cX0cEbdEd-wDNyyH5Ikag".
Obviously I need to find the match, but comparing this two strings i get false, when the correct result is true.

2) By attribute "AFFECTS_EXECUTION_RESULT" I can obtain links between defects and Execution Results. To obtain links
between defects and stream's components which attribute i have to use?

Thank you very much.

permanent link
Tarek ALqaisi (3144) | answered Apr 20 '10, 1:57 p.m.
Hello,
We are using RTC to start the build, and after the build finish and it is good (OK) we would like to start a test suite using RQM.
I configured both servers as per instruction, and IBM documents and they communicate with each other.
I created a Test execution schedule that depends on a given RTC build, and to start the execution if the build is OK.
The problem, RQM starts the test execution schedule before the build is finished.
We have RQM 2.0.1
RTC 2.0.0.2

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.